Decision MakingThe decision-making structure of Unity Sisters consists of a committee and its members. The committee is responsible for all small and practical decisions, and the members collectively address any other extensive decisions/issues for discussion and consensus. Committee meetings occur every other week, alternating with the group of members.
AimsAt Unity Sisters, we aim to support women and their children through the asylum process. Our initiatives are centred around minimising stress, preventing isolation and depression and helping our members to integrate into their local communities. Additionally, we strive to:
- Promote the integration of women in the asylum process or with refugee status.
- Empower women to be strong, independent and confident.
- Provide emotional support and counselling.
- Provide practical assistance and advice in their cases and personal lives.
- Guide members to available ESOL classes, help with English translations and introduce them to others in the broader community.
- Family day events are held for members and their children to come together for a fun day of recreation, stress therapies, game therapies, art, music, and fun.
- We provide counselling and support for women and children.
- We help women integrate into the community by signposting them to ESOL classes, helping with English translations and introducing them to others in the broader community.